New Oregon member here

Jluck

Another noob here, I'm a life long Oregon resident and hunter, shooter and outdoorsman. I have of the last few years taken interest in pushing my shooting skills and distance. Last year I took my first reasonably long shot on a small muley buck at 567 yards and smoked him with the first shot, My 13 year old son by my side doping my scope and spotting for me, It was great.

My "long range" rifle is a Steyr Pro-hunter SBS 7mm Rem mounted in a SSG04 stock, Custom made to my specs- Titanium muzzle break, trigger work (2lb) topped with a Talley 20moa rail and a Trijicon 5-20 Accupoint. It shoots .5 min groups with HSM 168 grain factory ammo. Handload tuning coming soon.

My "Short-long" range is new to me, A Alexander Arms 24" 6.5 Grendel topped with the only extra scope I had laying around, A Zeiss Diavari 3-9x36. I plan on a much better scope when funds allow.

I still have tons to learn and have picked here to do it, Thanks.
3GOHq21.jpg

5GGgynh.jpg

Htw6HNt.jpg

Grendel the day I brought her home.
12vliJX.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts