New one for me

JimFromTN

Friend asked me to clean his muzzle loader for him. He had not shot it in a while. I got the breach plug out and couldn't see through the barrel. I ran his ramrod down and this is what came out. Asian lady beetles
Resized_20201114_163326.jpeg

Well..i wonder how those husk would ignite....maybe you discovered a new power source...you could work for bi-den......

The barrel looks awful inside. There is pitting all inside the barrel. Its a tc bone collector. It used to be a nice muzzle loader. I think he shot it about 5 yrs ago and never cleaned it. He normally shoots it clean every year and its been awhile since he hunted last. He had a cva hawkin which he shot clean every year and eventually the nipple blew out and almost took his eye. Apparently, he didn't learn anything from that experience.

It seems a lot of people treat black powder the same as smokeless powder maybe they do not know it is so much more corrosive

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.