New one bullets cutting perfect sideways profiles at 25 yards

I would have asked for a 1 in 8. No idea why 1 in 9. If he sticks with the shorter hunting bullets and doesn't try the longer LR accubonds or bergers I guess he will be fine.

Earlier I said: "Lazzeroni uses a 10 twist on his 6.5 Scramjet." I made an error thinking it was a 6.5 cal the Scramjet is a 257.

Lazzeroni does use a 1 in 10 twist with his Phantom, the short mag case. He only uses these bullets: Nosler Ballistic Tip 100GR, Nosler Ballistic Tip 120Gr and Nosler Partition 140GR.

If I knew the length of the 129 LR accubond could crunch the stability factor for it with a 1 in 9.
The rifle will be used at elevations of 3000 ft or better so that might help too.

Talk some sense into your buddy. The 26 nosler would really shine with the longer bullets, that LRAB 142 would be really good and 1-8 is the way to go with any of those longer bullets. If I was him I would demand a 1-8 twist!

Just talked to him. His ballistician, a friend of Bryan Litz's says the 28" barrel will be fine with a 1 in 9. He has plenty of rifles and don't think he wants to shoot the heavier projectiles with this rifle.

Talk some sense into your buddy. The 26 nosler would really shine with the longer bullets, that LRAB 142 would be really good and 1-8 is the way to go with any of those longer bullets. If I was him I would demand a 1-8 twist!

I agree with the 8 twist for sure! Even if he does not shoot heavier than 140's, the 8 twist won't hurt and if he ever does want to shoot heavier (actually longer) the 8 is the way to go......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.