New Nightforce MOAR Reticle

C.O. Shooter

Nightforce Introduces MOAR Reticle

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/nightforcemoarreticle.jpg

" New MOAR reticle features a floating center crosshair that's two minutes of angle (MOA) wide and two MOA tall, providing a precise aiming point, especially on smaller targets at longer ranges. One-MOA elevation and windage spacings make for more accurate rangefinding and hold-offs compared to ordinary reticles with coarser markings. The MOAR has thicker line subtensions than some traditional Nightforce reticles, and it's marked with 10, 20 and 30 MOA elevation indicators and 10 and 20 windage indicators. This makes it fast and easy to use under field conditions. Shooters will find the MOAR design more intuitive and easier to see in low light. It's also more visible against dark backgrounds and in shadows than other MOA-based reticles. Three, six and nine o'clock posts also aid in speed and target acquisition. Contact Nightforce at 208-476-9814 or visit nightforceoptics.com."

I guess they are available in the 3.5-15, 5.5-22, and the 8-32!

I really want one of these, however, trying to justify the price! I know the quality and reliability is there, but I know how much I am going to use it (3-4 times a year) and I am taking that into account. But if you are going to do it, do it right, do it once!

thats looks like a very very cool reticle. I suspect that is a second focal plane reticle?? it looks pretty close to the NP-rf1 reticle that is only available in FFP. when I have the funds for an NF scope either or those reticles will be my first choice.

I know that I'm only looking at a drawing of the reticle, but why does it seem that there is 11 MOA between the center of the crosshairs and the 10 MOA mark?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.