New muzzle loader?

That's just not fair. I wonder if muzzle loader bullets can ship to Canada. I know ignition systems etc are not a problem. But I do know I can't order Center fire bullets like Berger for example.

That's just not fair. I wonder if muzzle loader bullets can ship to Canada. I know ignition systems etc are not a problem. But I do know I can't order Center fire bullets like Berger for example.
Sorry. I know you're not the first of our good northern neighbors to question "why".

Thanks again. I looked into those smokeless encore barrels? Sure are pricey! They also didn't state what barrel they use. Hope for $780 it's a premium like Brux or Krieger. That's basically $1000 Canadian. Maybe I should check with Cecil Epp at Precision rifle bullets. He's only 2 hrs from me. Donor actions here run about $550. I have a stock and optics. Might be farther ahead to just build one than get a Encore barrel.

I believe there are two barrel blank options from Luke: One is a Brux, the other is an MGM made blank they call the preferred blank I believe. From what I understand the Brux is the better of the two barrels but Luke has stated somewhere online that the MGM preferred blank is quite good.

My encore is a older version. Not sure but 12-15 yrs old. Stainless with black plastic stock. I'm currently shooting I think a 360 gr Precision rifle all lead hollow point bullet with 120 by volume of loose 777. Kicks like a horse off the bench! Recoil isn't bad shooting off hand. Bullets have performed great on deer. I tried some of their polymer tipped lighter bullets and they didn't kill well at all. I should try some BH 209. Mainly want something that will reliably shoot 1-1.5" at 100 yds all the time. Also something that is manageable in the recoil department. Most of my hunting is tree stand in thick cover. Shots are typically 30-70 yds, no farther. If hunting fields which is rare I'd shoot to 300 yds. Farthest kill with the encore is 235 yds. How's the recoil with a smokeless shooting a 225-250 gr bullet at a medium load? Not opposed to a brake. All my other Center fire guns have brakes.
TCs often have tight bores. use BH 209 and TMZ-EZ spitfire bullets. That sabot is a little smaller and works well in TC barrels. BH 209 from 90-110 grains

BountyHunter I agree on the tight bore. If I'm lucky after one shot I can load another without a spit patch and get to my witness mark. Tried the Hornady SST years ago. Couldn't push them down a clean barrel. Still having a dilemma of buying a smokeless encore barrel or build a gun. Think I found some Remington SA. Gunsmith who just built my 6 Dasher is wanting to build a new SM so maybe he could build me one too.

BountyHunter I agree on the tight bore. If I'm lucky after one shot I can load another without a spit patch and get to my witness mark. Tried the Hornady SST years ago. Couldn't push them down a clean barrel. Still having a dilemma of buying a smokeless encore barrel or build a gun. Think I found some Remington SA. Gunsmith who just built my 6 Dasher is wanting to build a new SM so maybe he could build me one too.
The spitfire EZ bullets will work and open like a buzz saw exactly like the pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.