Deer_Sniper

Just got the suppressor which finishes out my new mountain build.
American Rifle Company Mausingfield in 300PRC with a 20in proof barrel (because modern magnums don't need to be really long), a triggertech special, in a ARC Xylo chassis, and a SiCo Omega 36M so I don't disturb the survivors. Topped off with a Bushnell DMR2 while I wait on my ZCO to come in.
Overall she comes in at just about 16 pounds which is kinda heavy I guess but I'll just have to use my big boy muscles.
PXL_20210808_025644482.PORTRAIT.jpg

You built, a Mountain Range to Mountain Range, Rifle with, a Short Barrel !
Sub 8 Pounds,.. IS,. a "Mountain Rifle", in my neck of, the Woods
Start looking for some Wheels and,.. a Mule to, Haul it !

At 74 Years old, I "Train" to carry my 7.5 Pound ( all up ) .270 WSM, Tikka, from 3 to 7 miles, a day in, the Back Country of the Mountain West
( Arizona, Utah, Wyo and Idaho ) with the Plan, to see lots of, Elk at,.. under, 700 Yards.
And I can carry, a 1/4 of the Elk, on my XO Pack, back to camp with, the Rifle,.. slowly,.. LOL !
Good luck with, your New Rifle,..Looks like a "Shooter" !

At 74 Years old, I "Train" to carry my 7.5 Pound ( all up ) .270 WSM, Tikka, from 3 to 7 miles, a day in, the Back Country of the Mountain West
( Arizona, Utah, Wyo and Idaho ) with the Plan, to see lots of, Elk at,.. under, 700 Yards.
And I can carry, a 1/4 of the Elk back to camp with, the Rifle,.. slowly,.. LOL !
Good luck with, your New Rifle,..Looks like a "Shooter" !
Thanks man! The main reason I gave up on weight is so that my rifle stays fun to shoot. I can put 50 rounds through it before I regret it haha.

Nice build!
I see both sides of this conversation. When I read Mountain Rifle, I thought somewhat light weight. However in the past I have carried a rifle well over the weight of yours up mountains several times. The older I get the less I want to, especially after carrying a 6.5 lbs rifle with a light-ish scope on a hunt a few years back. It was almost like it wasn't there. Our Sniper Weapon Systems begin at over 14 lbs, and go up from there (to double that) and I had gotten used to carrying a 60+ pound pack. Now I got people for that so I slack off quite a bit!😁

Just got the suppressor which finishes out my new mountain build.
American Rifle Company Mausingfield in 300PRC with a 20in proof barrel (because modern magnums don't need to be really long), a triggertech special, in a ARC Xylo chassis, and a SiCo Omega 36M so I don't disturb the survivors. Topped off with a Bushnell DMR2 while I wait on my ZCO to come in.
Overall she comes in at just about 16 pounds which is kinda heavy I guess but I'll just have to use my big boy muscles. View attachment 289898

What was the wait time on your can? Mine has been in jail since mid Jan...

Did you see any shift in velocity/POI with it?

May have to do a short, short mag....

Nice build!
I see both sides of this conversation. When I read Mountain Rifle, I thought somewhat light weight. However in the past I have carried a rifle well over the weight of yours up mountains several times. The older I get the less I want to, especially after carrying a 6.5 lbs rifle with a light-ish scope on a hunt a few years back. It was almost like it wasn't there. Our Sniper Weapon Systems begin at over 14 lbs, and go up from there (to double that) and I had gotten used to carrying a 60+ pound pack. Now I got people for that so I slack off quite a bit!😁

Yeh, heavy rifles are fun, until they ain't...

I practice, offhand to 150 yds, sitting @ 375 - 400 yds and Prone, to 650 ish on, 10 "- 11" dia. Steel plates.
The .270 WSM with, 140's going, 3,185 FPS, IS,.. ALL the Gun / recoil that, I want !
It's Fun to shoot for, 20-30 rounds of practice, and has, NO Brake and with, NO,.. "Flinching" !
My .338 Win Mag. Flinch,.. is almost, gone !
Caution,. watch your Barrel "Life" as, Hot Magnums usually, "go South" at,.. 700 to 1200 Rounds

Last edited: