New Mountain Rifle

Thank everyone for the input a number of months ago on this site. I got my rifle done and thought I would share some pics and real time info.

I had it built at by Alamo Precision Rifles
6.5PRC
McMillan Hunter Edge-Tech stock in Woodland Carbon Ambush
Lone Peak Razor TI action (short)
24" Proof Carbon Lite Sendero barrel
Jewel Trigger
Harrells Gill direction brake (not pictured)
APR bottom metal and extended wyatts box
Hawkins rings
Leupold VX-6HD 4x18x44

Rifle only = 5 pounds 15 onces
Rifle with scope and rings = 7 pounds 8 ounces

Target pictured is using Hornady factory ammo with 147 grain ELD-M. Those were shots #4-8 out of the barrel. Really happy with the whole set up!

View attachment 143807 View attachment 143808
That is one sweet looking rifle that shoots!! I could be a happy camper with that configuration!!

Mark L:

I like the looks of that Kydex cheek piece. Could you tell us what thickness you got, what it took to bend and shape it, and maybe even suggest a source?

Used a piece of 3/4 conduit to bend it. Take your time and heating the kydex not leaving the heat gun in one spot too long.

Shoot me a PM of y'all need more info. Don't want to hijack my mans thread on his new Badass rifle. :D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CF4AELE/?tag=lrhmag19-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJPQ272/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Very nice rifle setup and shooting. This would make anyone glow with pride! Great job and well done!

Beautiful rifle! It's so nice when it all comes together like that. Now, go harvest some free-range organic sustenance for your family with that rig!

Tommy likey
17C0D07D-BF39-4254-8C65-F7A288FE18D3.jpeg

Thank everyone for the input a number of months ago on this site. I got my rifle done and thought I would share some pics and real time info.

I had it built at by Alamo Precision Rifles
6.5PRC
McMillan Hunter Edge-Tech stock in Woodland Carbon Ambush

Perfect build! Beautiful in every way. The only thing I'd change would be a non-carbon barrel (but that's just because I'm old-school). I also love the 24" barrel, great compromise!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.