New Mossberg .22LR

Rupe

Does anyone know if the New Mossberg .22LR's are any good? The price is down around $160 with a scope. I was just hoping to find someone that has one or has shot one and what they thought of them. Even though I'm a handgun hunter, it never hurts to have a .22 rifle around. gun)

I know you were asking about the Mossberg .22, and I know nothing about them, other than hearsay. I do however own a Marlin and a Stevens (Savage). I can pick-up a Savage for $150 at Walmart (no scope), and a 3-9x32 Scope with rings for $30. $20 more, but you get the awesome out of the box accuracy for such low cost. The Savage is a bolt action, and comes with a accu-trigger that can be adjusted down to about 2lbs I think. This will be my next .22.

I've heard sense asking that the new mossbergs are not all that great. The Marlin 925 is what I'm looking at now. I do want the wood stock. I saw the Walmart Savages, good deals. Thanks for your input.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.