New Micrometer

fraz01

I'm in the market for a new 1" x .0001 micrometer, thinking I'll stay with a manual one. Not looking for top of the line but something of good quality. Any recommendations on a good one would be appreciated. I bought an igaging digital caliper last spring, works good but find myself grabbing my old dial caliper most of the time. Looking on line I'm hoping to find one for around $200.00 that is good quality. Thanks

Tiny Tim

Might want to keep an eye on Ebay. My buddy has bought a lot of machinist tools on there for cheap. Mostly Starrett. Gotta be patient, but its an option. Starrett, Mitutoyo, and Brown & Sharpe are all great tools.

jimbires

I have a "Fowler " brand 0 - 1" blade mic that reads to the 0.0001 . here are the numbers on the box , if you wanted to look it up .

EDP # 10849
52-246-001 -1

fraz01

I have a "Fowler " brand 0 - 1" blade mic that reads to the 0.0001 . here are the numbers on the box , if you wanted to look it up .

EDP # 10849
52-246-001 -1
I was looking at the Fowler as well as an Insize brand. Good to know you use the fowler, Insize is a little cheaper. But there is usually a reason for the cheaper price. Thanks for the reply.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts