New Mexico unit 31 Barbary sheep info!?

I have a friend near Hobbs that I could call and check and see what he might know about it. I'm not sure if he even hunts, but he knows other people near there.

That's a tough ask. Find the worse terrain you can, they move...I'll try and get ahold of someone tomorrow and shoot you a pm.

Never heard of anyone killing sheep in 31, I imagine there has been some but must be hush hush. Doesn't appear to be much sheep type country? So when you find them let us know🤔

Find the district game warden in that are. I have found them really helpful in the past. Call the State office in Santa Fe and they can put put you in contact with him/her.

I haven't hunted Unit 31, but when you're in flat country, look for steep canyons or bluffs. They will graze out in the open like antelope when they aren't pushed, but will head for steep country when there is hunting pressure, and during the middle of the day. They can go weeks without water, but I have seen them at salt licks. They have a slight red tint to them that stands out a bit against the yellow grass. When the sun is low, the red really stands out. I have Steiner Predator binos that emphasize the browns and reds. Works well. Good luck.