New Mexico unit 16 Pronghorn public land help

ThorThor

I beat some crazy non resident odds so Iam calling up all you elk and deer hunters that have hunted and have drove past any public ground antelope in and around the 16s. Hoping this is similar to being the guy that has a moose tag in a over the counter elk area, hey see any moose? Well other than 16b which does appear to have much antelope country in it. Any advice on which areas would be good to start a scouting trip on June. Going to do this hunt on my own it's in the end of August. I won't be forking over a pile of cash for a ranch. Thanks for any and all advice anyone has,

16D and 16E will be your flatter prairie land. That's where I have seen the most antelope. There is a road that divides 16D and E. I would start out there and work your way into 16E. I have seen antelope just off the road and there is some state land in that area. You will need to do a lot of glassing. Do you have onX maps? I can give you geos to areas that I have seen them.

PM me your number and we can chat about it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.