New Mexico New Years coyote hunt

So I dusted off the calls and headed out to southern NM for a last minute get away to call some coyotes. I wanted to get out of the heat and humidity of SE Texas. I've never hunted in NM so I just did a quick look at OnX maps to get an idea of the areas I wanted to try. I stuck with BLM land. I started out SE of Loving but didn't stay there long. Lots of oilfield pump jacks. I spent a couple days in the area south of Hope and east of Lincoln National Forest. Lots of ground there that looks like it holds a fair amount of coyotes. Called in several but I just didn't see the amount of coyote sign that I expected for that area. Next I crossed the mountain and went to the section of BLM between I-25 and Rio Grande south of Hatch. There I saw a ton of sign and called a few but being solo i was tough to set up on the hills without losing sight of a lot of calling area.
So i say all that to ask what are yalls thoughts on the places I tried and any suggested locations to look. I wanted to go up north near Roswell and further west near Deming but ran out of time.

Attachments

• 20210101_093306.jpg
    20210101_093306.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 20210101_102254.jpg
    20210101_102254.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
I don't really have any idea or suggestions for locations to look but I'd just say, do it again. I mean, do just like you did, throw a dart, go, look, see, and discover. That's half the fun, seeing new country is always exciting. Finding the treasure you seek at the end is what will keep you coming back for more.

Contact the fish and game ofice where you want to hunt,get the name of the biolgist,cal them and ask questions.Some states have a hunt planer person if so talk to them.Treat this like any out of state hunt.If you have any questions send me a p.m.Congratulations it looks like you had fun.

Contact the fish and game ofice where you want to hunt,get the name of the biolgist,cal them and ask questions.Some states have a hunt planer person if so talk to them.Treat this like any out of state hunt.If you have any questions send me a p.m.Congratulations it looks like you had fun.
Thanks. Good idea. It was a good time.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.