New Mexico Elk Draw Results

The number 2 bull hunt.I drew it the last two years and took good 6 x 6 bulls. I hunt with Chet from C Bar D and fish with a lot of guys from Socorro.

Magdalenas. Chet has C Bar D trailer sales right on the main drag in the center of town.He lives in Lemitar.Super elk hunter and guides a lot in that unit.Now that Monette is gone if you need any bumpers , hitches or work done on your truck give him a try.

I drew Unit 16b, second season rifle. This will be my first New Mexico Elk hunt. I am really jacked!
16 B is a good unit. I will be up there scouting and shooting long range several times before season.If you need help or a guide contact Randy Lack at the Winston store or Jack Diamond at Beaverhead outfitters.If you are coming to scout send me a message and I will try to give you a place to start.

I drew an elk tag for the northern part of Fort Bliss. Unfortunately I will be deployed during the hunt.
What a bummer. I spent some time at Bliss in the 80's mostly at WBAMC. I love that area. Some of the best Blue quail Hunting I've ever seen was between Oro Grande and Alamogordo. Never really got to see the north end of the range much though.

16 B is a good unit. I will be up there scouting and shooting long range several times before season.If you need help or a guide contact Randy Lack at the Winston store or Jack Diamond at Beaverhead outfitters.If you are coming to scout send me a message and I will try to give you a place to start.

I appreciate the offer. I do have a guide lined up. I may find the time this summer to do some scouting. If so, I will take advantage of your offer. Thanks!

We lucked out and drew 1st rifle in 51 on our first try. Now at least I know that I can hunt out west again this year!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.