New Mexico Antelope?

I've heard unit 2A has some good antelope hunting. Not a ton of antelope but there are a couple over there by Twin Buttes (Kirtland).

It's kind of hit and miss across the state. Where the drought has been the worst they are fewer and farther between than in years. NE corner generally is pretty decent for populations. Eastern side is about the same but you are talking mostly all private land so at this point a landowner tag or if it's a unit wide tag getting the permission will be required. There are some around Gallup and west to the line. Some around Lincoln and Capitan areas.

I saw unit 2A mentioned but that's where I currently live and work and I haven't seen anything worth mentioning up here since before last Oct/Nov. I'm from the southern part and there aren't any around Cloudcroft or on the west side of the Sacramento's. East of there towards Artesia you will find them and farther over towards Hobbs. Roswell has some but from what I've seen usually not really big boys.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.