New Mexico Antelope Hunt Unit 42

Carp1

We went 3 for 3 in New Mexico this past weekend. My daughter took a good repetitive goat and the other two hunters took some great 14" goats. My daughter used the Fierce 7-08 with her handloaded 120gr Hammer bullets to knock her goat down at 404 yards. Coltin used his Ruger 6.5 CM with handloaded 120gr Hammers to drop his goat at 200 yards. This was Joy's first hunt ever. She was able to take her goat with a Browning X bolt 270 with handloaded 140gr Berger bullets.

A little tougher hunting this year than in the past. Rain the week before we got there had everything nice and green and thick. Then rain Friday when we got there made it hard to scout. Pretty muddy Saturday morning made it hard to get to some spots. We have used Cola Blanca Outfitters the last 3 years to set up these DIY hunts and it has been a blast. A perfect 6 for 6 over the 3 years.

Attachments

• H.jpg
    H.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Coltin.jpg
    Coltin.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Joy.JPG
    Joy.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 123
Congratulations!!! My hunt ,unit 33 starts this Tue-Thurs. I know what you mean about the weeds/brush...waist high plus in some spots....Seems for the small number of permits for the unit, there were alot of people scouting !!! Just one of the challenges of hunting public land...will be glassing alot....and watching for snakes....going to be in the mid 90's....Those are really nice antelope.... The memories are even nicer !!...rsbhunter