New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

Bman,
Yep, one should know how to dial as well as hold, especially if you are forced by circumstance to use a rifle W/O a Xmas tree reticle.

In PRS competitions I've never, ever been able to fire all my shots within the allotted time and with dialing that would get even worse. Plus, dialing pre-supposes your scope turret adjustments are all accurate through their full range. **** few scopes are that good and if they are then at some point in the history of their use they will wear and begin to be off.

Eric B.

Agree, E. Anyone shooting long-range should have a firm grasp on a Ballistic App and know how to use it. Not only will it make you a better shooter but knowing the ballistics of your projectile is important no matter what you are shooting at. Having Meopta's scopes in Strelok is a great tool to get the most out of your rifle and scope.

Where are they actually manufactured?
Are they made in China?
In other meopta it says "made in the Czech Republic"
In optika 6 it says "Czech republic"

I used to, after almost 10 years they decided to let me go. Having a ball working for Meopta and getting the word out about the high quality they bring to their products.
Sorry to hear that Nikon let you go. It's probably because they're getting out of the rifle scope business, right?

I appreciate that. After some management changes, I was more than ready to go. I felt that they just didn't support the people they were selling too and that's pretty much I all I can say. I had multiple offers when other companies found out I was leaving Nikon and I must say, I am thrilled to work with Meopta. Great company that makes great products. I'm back to enjoying my job again. Bart

A got a quick response this time ...

Meopta Optika CZ made e-mail response..JPG

Just some questions and basic feedback...
First, I ordered a 3-18x50 FFP MRAD 1. I think this will work out well on my hunting rifle, but I was a bit hesitant about a couple things:
1) why such small illumination? Why not delete for weight/cost down, illuminate the whole tree, or use the dichro tech? I truely don't understand, except it would be nice on low power at dusk, I think.

2) why isn't the windage knob marked R for 5 mils and L for the same....easier to use/understand.

3) why don't exposed windage models, have locking windage?

4) When are they going to redo their top of the line tactical scopes? Many folks waiting....!

So, I ordered and it is on backorder. Hmmm, any thoughts when the will be in stock in the USA again? Are they still shipping regularly?

I have the 5-30 and these are only my opinion.:

1. I think having the whole tree would be overwhelming if it was dark enough to need illumination and I like having just the center illuminated for use on low X. It helps draw the eye to the center for faster/close shots.

2. I don't think I noticed anything weird on mine, maybe the 5-30 is different? I think mine is marked L——R

3. This is definitely my biggest gripe. I dislike this VERY much.

4.i have no dog in this fight, I know nothing here.

5? When I bought mine, probably about a year ago, maybe a little less, the 3-18 you want was not available. I wanted to order one around Christmas time and they still were not available/no backorder. That particular scope is IMO the best setup, I want one, but who knows when they'll be available!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.