New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

I have a 5-30 MRAD mounted on my .300 win as of this afternoon. First impressions are OK, not GREAT, but OK. I think it's going to work just fine for what I wanted it for. It's going to go to Colorado with me for second rifle season ( as long as it passes a few tests for me), and then it will probably ride around on one of my coyote rifles this winter, then be a 1k yard and in target scope. I don't plan to compete with it.
INITIAL IMPRESSION this is all possible to change, I didn't have much time behind it, maybe an hour or so of playing.

Glass clarity/brightness 8 out of 10 (this being compared to a nxs (5-22?). Obviously at 30x you lose a lot of light. Backing it off to 16-20 it's on par with nxs

turrets: my least favorite part. I like the ELEVATION turret, it has to be "popped" up to dial. Exact same concept as weaver tactical line if you're familiar with them. It turns easily, maybe too easy. But, the "pop" up feature helps me have piece of mind. It can be reset to "zero" with no tools exactly like the weaver scope mentioned. It also has a "zero stop" which requires 3 Allen screws. WINDAGE turret, not so much. It does NOT have any locking feature what so ever, and turns way to easily. This is my biggest concern with the entire scope. It's resettable to "zero" with numbers increasing in each direction . L1,L2, R1,R2 etc.

Reticle: it's OK. I glanced through the manual but did not see a breakdown of Sub-tensions, I could have overlooked it though. This particular scope has a reticle the looks "hairy". Hard to explain without giving the impression that I don't have the reticle focused properly

^^^continuing:
This is FFP by the way

The reticle is easily adjusted to be sharp and in focus, but when fully magnified (30x), you can see small imperfections around parts of the reticle. It's only barely noticeable at the higher X range and won't have any effect on performance. I would like to have seen a .1 milling section somewhere, but this scope is lacking this feature. The illumination is VERY good. This is NOT the dicrotech reticle, but engraved and battery illuminated. I would venture to say it is "daylight bright" especially when using it at highest X. I also like that only the center floating dot, and "plus" around the dot is illuminated.

Controls: (magnification ring/turrets/parallax/illumination, all have a rubber grip to them. They all turn smooth and easy, and consistent. (See turret comment above). My magnification ring is drilled and threaded to accept a throw lever but the scope did NOT come with one. Maybe it was supposed to and didn't make it in the box?

Overall I'm giving a 7/10 for it SO far. Tracking and return to zero test has yet to be done. Pictures and more coming tomorrow. !!

^^^continuing:
This is FFP by the way

The reticle is easily adjusted to be sharp and in focus, but when fully magnified (30x), you can see small imperfections around parts of the reticle. It's only barely noticeable at the higher X range and won't have any effect on performance. I would like to have seen a .1 milling section somewhere, but this scope is lacking this feature. The illumination is VERY good. This is NOT the dicrotech reticle, but engraved and battery illuminated. I would venture to say it is "daylight bright" especially when using it at highest X. I also like that only the center floating dot, and "plus" around the dot is illuminated.

Controls: (magnification ring/turrets/parallax/illumination, all have a rubber grip to them. They all turn smooth and easy, and consistent. (See turret comment above). My magnification ring is drilled and threaded to accept a throw lever but the scope did NOT come with one. Maybe it was supposed to and didn't make it in the box?

Overall I'm giving a 7/10 for it SO far. Tracking and return to zero test has yet to be done. Pictures and more coming tomorrow. !!
Thanks for taking the time to make this thorough review. Looking forward to your testing results.

^^^continuing:
This is FFP by the way

The zoom throw lever should be in a small ziplock baggy inside the folder with the instruction manual, warranty card, etc.

Attached is a diagram for your reticle.

Attachments

• PTM1 MRAD RD 5-30 05-10-2019.pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 259
Great job! I look forward to further reviews on this scope. I know a lot of folks have been waiting a long time to get their hands on this optic, myself included. If you don't have a throw lever with the direction's let me know and I'll do what I can to see about getting one to you ASAP.

The zoom throw lever should be in a small ziplock baggy inside the folder with the instruction manual, warranty card, etc.

Attached is a diagram for your reticle.

Thanks. I've seen them diagrams online, I just would have expected it to be included in the manual. I did find the baggie, but it only has 1 Allen wrench, 3 small Allen screws (zero stop) and 3 slightly larger flat head screws.

The battery was also in the envelope in a separate bag.

Here's some pictures. The picture quality isn't good but it's at least a look through the scope... it's a gloomy cloudy overcast day, on and off rain. Illumination was on highest setting, it

Nearest mailbox:400 yards at 10x, 20x and 30x

Arrow Road sign: 1500-1600 yards....(idk which one I was looking at) @10X, 20x and 30x...

Attachments

• 82C6D0F3-974B-42D6-BFD8-2F2C8C19FB66.jpeg
    82C6D0F3-974B-42D6-BFD8-2F2C8C19FB66.jpeg
    757.3 KB · Views: 482
Also, the pictures make the scope look cloudy, It isn't. I think it's a combination of muggy/foggy day and the camera.

Attachments

• D4433BA4-6DF0-4D03-91D2-23012170A1AE.jpeg
    D4433BA4-6DF0-4D03-91D2-23012170A1AE.jpeg
    647.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 95D7783F-0440-44B1-B268-663302C32F71.jpeg
    95D7783F-0440-44B1-B268-663302C32F71.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 410
  • 3A9B9096-12F7-45A4-A9F7-C81AC0417497.jpeg
    3A9B9096-12F7-45A4-A9F7-C81AC0417497.jpeg
    757.3 KB · Views: 397
  • 53D9145D-9ACD-41A2-879A-ACBB1892CCD2.jpeg
    53D9145D-9ACD-41A2-879A-ACBB1892CCD2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 416
  • 02D73F16-B44A-4F31-894A-8090D7B795EE.jpeg
    02D73F16-B44A-4F31-894A-8090D7B795EE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 427
Got my 5-30 MRAD yesterday and I'm very pleased with it so far. Awesome glass and overall fit & finish is solid. Still up in the air about the non-locking windage turret... May have been nice to at least have a rev counter etched below the turret cap for reference

Did you get a throw lever with yours? Mine was missing. Oh well, that's usually my luck with every purchase I make.

Got my 5-30 MRAD yesterday and I'm very pleased with it so far. Awesome glass and overall fit & finish is solid. Still up in the air about the non-locking windage turret... May have been nice to at least have a rev counter etched below the turret cap for reference

Did you get a throw lever with yours? Mine was missing. Oh well, that's usually my luck with every purchase I make.
Yes mine came with the throw lever, 4 flathead screws to cover any unused throw lever holes, and an Allen key with 3 extra set screws for the zero stop

Thanks, I guess I do need to give them a call. The jury is still out on the tracking. "Return to zero" seems to be good but I haven't done a true tracking test yet.

You are going to be impressed with the 3-18x50. My Optika6 3-18x56 has amazing light transmission. So much so it's now sitting on my deer hunting rifle for this year. The first time I watched deer through it while predator hunting I knew what rifle it was going on. Even after sunset while waiting for coyotes or pigs I could see deer over 100 yards away. The Optika binos are the same way with their light-gathering properties.

https://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/IMG_3634_1.jpeg

Bman, I too am considering the 3-18x56 for hunting purposes only, no plinking. You mention the light transmission. How is the weight of it for a hunting rifle?

Can someone post the subtensions for the ZPlus reticle? Also, has anyone done any tracking tests with these scopes yet? I'm really interested in a 3-18x FFP.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.