New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

When I find out what is going to be available I will pass it along. I know there are Meopta Sponsor's of LRH and I always suggest that you support those who support this site.

I am so curious to find out more info about these scopes. Just got my 300 win mag and it needs some nice glass.
Just start asking questions about what you wanna know! There are a couple of us on here that have some good info. One of the Optika scopes would look great on your 300 win mag Im sure!!!

Good direct competition for the high end VX lines from Leupold. Bummed to see no Mil/Mil scopes and no capped wind knobs.

Just start asking questions about what you wanna know! There are a couple of us on here that have some good info. One of the Optika scopes would look great on your 300 win mag Im sure!!!

How well do they track and return to zero? Repeatability. The zero stop (is it a solid zero stop?), more information on dichrotech reticles (real view through one instead of a computer simulated view) better view of offered reticles. Comparisons between the Optika and others (Nightforce, Vortex, Swaro, etc)

For the price, they just seem too good to be true and make me feel very skeptical. How does the glass compare to a Razor HD II?

How well do they track and return to zero? Repeatability. The zero stop (is it a solid zero stop?), more information on dichrotech reticles (real view through one instead of a computer simulated view) better view of offered reticles. Comparisons between the Optika and others (Nightforce, Vortex, Swaro, etc)

For the price, they just seem too good to be true and make me feel very skeptical. How does the glass compare to a Razor HD II?

I'll echo these exact questions. I'd be all over one if it tracks.

Good direct competition for the high end VX lines from Leupold. Bummed to see no Mil/Mil scopes and no capped wind knobs.
The Optika glass will easily be as good as VX5 or VX6 if not better....but also with more features and half the cost.

Actually, there are some MIL/MIL options as well as scopes with capped windage. Please do not take the website as current gospel as it is not 100% up to date on the exact features of the Optika series.

The new MRAD (Mil) reticle will be available in the below scopes, everything else has MOA adjustments:
1-6x24 FFP $599
3-18x50 FFP $699
3-18x56 FFP $749
4.5-27x50 FFP $799
5-30x56 FFP (34mm tube) $899

Here are the turret configurations for all:

1-6x24 SFP, 2.5-15x44 SFP, 3-18x50 SFP, 3-18x56 SFP will all have capped windage and elevation

4.5-27x50 SFP, 4.5-27x50 FFP, 5-30x56 FFP will have exposed locking elevation with zero stop, and exposed windage

1-6x24 FFP will have exposed locking windage and elevation

3-18x50 FFP, 3-18x56 FFP will have exposed locking zero stop elevation and capped windage

Here is an image of the MRAD Mil reticle and a few images of the new non-battery powered Dicrotech illumination available on most models (not just the reticle pictured):
Meopta MRAD Reticle Design.jpg
Meopta 4D DichroTech Reticle - DAY.jpg
Meopta 4D DichroTech Reticle - DUSK.jpg

Don't be skeptical...Meopta has been doing this longer than any of the companies you just mentioned. Someone did post some very good pics of dicrotech on the hide, just search Meopta Optika and scroll through the posts. It's probably toward the latter pages. I would snag it, but my account is locked right now.

Zero stop is an actual gear stop and is very solid. Not like the spongy shim method on the older Vortex models. I believe pictures of the reticles from the catalog were posted on the previous page of this thread. Sorry that's the best there is right now...

Optika will beat anything Vortex makes. Meopta is made 100% by them, not outsourced to a Chinese/Phillipino company and stamp their logo on the side. Speaking of which....I'd expect to see their prices go up in regards to the US-China tariffs....Not Meopta, no tariffs on the Czech Republic!!! That is a big reason for the price tag, they don't outsource parts and pay other people. Meopta actually makes a lot of optics/parts for many big name optics companies that I cannot legally name. I'd compare to Nightforce glass, if there is slight edge to Nightforce, it isn't worth 2.5 times the cost.

If you want to compare apples to apples light transmission percentages and such with Swarovski, Leica, etc. the Meopta MeoStar and ZD series would be a much better comparison.

How does the Optika line of scopes compare to the ZD or Meostar lineup? The ZD and Meostar options cost more, so what do they offer that the Optika lineup doesn't offer?

If they prove to track precisely and be as durable as NF, SWFA, or the Bushnell LRTS/LRHS line I'll be all over one.

I like nice glass as well as the next guy, but if a scope doesn't track and can't hold zero it's useless. Elementary I know, but it seems so many optics company's continue to get this part of the formula wrong. Hoping Meopta gets this part right.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.