New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

If they had a Moar style reticle, I would probably try one out. I am pretty interested in the 4.5-27x50 FFP. I am quite intrigued by the dichrotech reticles as well, except the 4 moa dot in the center. Most dots cover up too much of the target for my liking.

Last edited:
How does the Optika line of scopes compare to the ZD or Meostar lineup? The ZD and Meostar options cost more, so what do they offer that the Optika lineup doesn't offer?
Optika glass is technically the same as MeoPro series "opening price point series". Same coatings etc. MeoStar is the premier line better costings highest light transmission possible etc. ZD scopes have MeoStar glass but are the "tactical" version originally developed for some European militaries. The optika actually has better features compared to ZD like zero stop but not quite as crisp glass. More options as far as sizes too. ZD really is just a 1-4, 4-16 and 6-24.

If they prove to track precisely and be as durable as NF, SWFA, or the Bushnell LRTS/LRHS line I'll be all over one.

I like nice glass as well as the next guy, but if a scope doesn't track and can't hold zero it's useless. Elementary I know, but it seems so many optics company's continue to get this part of the formula wrong. Hoping Meopta gets this part right.
They are built like tanks!

If they had a Moar style reticle, I would probably try one out. I am pretty interested in the 4.5-27x50 FFP. I am quite intrigued by the dichrotech reticles as well, except the 4 moa dot in the center. Most dots cover up too much of the target for my liking.
MOA graduates reticle will be the " Z Plus"

MOA graduates reticle will be the " Z Plus"

The only thing holding me back is reticle options. MOA graduations without the Red Dot. Crosshairs like the 4K would be fine. In the Dichro, the 6.5CM looks the best to me, but I am not shooting a CM and it has the dot... If I utilized mils, the MRAD doesn't look bad.

The only thing holding me back is reticle options. MOA graduations without the Red Dot. Crosshairs like the 4K would be fine. In the Dichro, the 6.5CM looks the best to me, but I am not shooting a CM and it has the dot... If I utilized mils, the MRAD doesn't look bad.
The Z-Plus only comes in standard battery illumination and the center dot is all that lights up. There is a Dichro 4D in the 4.5-27x50 SFP.

The reticle options are the only thing that is keeping me from trying one out. Guess I will keep looking.
Certainly the reticles might need tweaking over the next couple years, but it's obviously impossible to get exactly what everyone wants. I would still urge to go check one out at a dealer near you. Where are you located? You could also call Meopta customer service and ask where the closest dealer is.

Certainly the reticles might need tweaking over the next couple years, but it's obviously impossible to get exactly what everyone wants. I would still urge to go check one out at a dealer near you. Where are you located? You could also call Meopta customer service and ask where the closest dealer is.

I'm located in Rock Springs, WY 82901

Hey My Friends, I'm fairly new to all this so not to be stupid but does the Meopta's have a little larger viewing window then the Athlon Ares BTR.
Reason for me asking is that the new to me Ares BTR sits on my new Bergara B14 300wm and is not the Hunting-Target scope I was told it would be.
So with all that said I'm looking at a new scope but not sure which way to go, I have a place close by that's got a SigSaur tango6 6-24x50 for 999+ tax but not sure if it will do the dual tasks if I want it to. I was interested in the Meopta Optika6 line but after the Athlon I'm not wanting to throw money to the wind and am leaning to stay with Louie or Nikon.
Just need some good advise if you guys don't mind telling me one way or the other.
Thanks for the help in advance and to all the vets welcome home and thanks for to all for their service to this GREAT country.
Thanks again,
Hhardrock

Hey My Friends, I'm fairly new to all this so not to be stupid but does the Meopta's have a little larger viewing window then the Athlon Ares BTR.
Reason for me asking is that the new to me Ares BTR sits on my new Bergara B14 300wm and is not the Hunting-Target scope I was told it would be.
So with all that said I'm looking at a new scope but not sure which way to go, I have a place close by that's got a SigSaur tango6 6-24x50 for 999+ tax but not sure if it will do the dual tasks if I want it to. I was interested in the Meopta Optika6 line but after the Athlon I'm not wanting to throw money to the wind and am leaning to stay with Louie or Nikon.
Just need some good advise if you guys don't mind telling me one way or the other.
Thanks for the help in advance and to all the vets welcome home and thanks for to all for their service to this GREAT country.
Thanks again,
Hhardrock

I would personally pick the Meopta over the Sig with no hesitation.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.