New Memeber from Texas

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Dnew, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Dnew

Dnew Member

My name is David and I am new to long range shooting I recently bought a custom 300 WinMag and cant wait to get started.

2. gpo1956

gpo1956 Well-Known Member

Good luck and welcome David. 300 Winmag is a great caliber and should serve you well. Good glass is a must for long range shooting. Not the most expensive, necessarily, but good glass. There's a big difference even between $400 glass and $1000 glass in most cases. That and get ready to reload, if you don't already.

3. Wild Bill G

Wild Bill G Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard David and good cartridge choice for long range shooting. Are you planning more for hunting or target shooting?

4. Wild Bill G

gpo1956 Not trying to nitpik but I just started a thread on caliber and cartridge mix ups. You stated the 300 Win Mag is a great caliber which it is not. The 300 Win Mag is a cartridge. Its caliber .308 I would not normaly say anything but I did start a thread on this topic. Not trying to offend only help and I hope I have.

5. Dnew

Dnew Member

Wow

6. gpo1956

gpo1956 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! Do us both a favor and please ignore me going forward. Life is too short for me to have to help you deal with your OCD nitpicking. Get a freaking life, you moron.

7. Wild Bill G

Sorry as I said did not want to offend.