cec39466

While looking up info on a Savage 111 300 win mag that now is on its way to Mag-Na-Port to get a barrel thread and break and thread protecter, I have been surfing the web on a correct and proper install of a scope. Thinking about Vortex HS LR 4x16x44. Question is 1 rotation = 24 moa which is about 950 yrds on the engraved cap, I want 1 piece base but which one? 0, 10 or 20 degree cant. Anyway that's how I found your sight. In Mississippi most hunting is 20 to 150 yrds which is why I chose 4x16 scope but we do have pipelines, power lines and gas lines that could reach out to 1000 yrds. Never have done this type of shooting and on most of my rifles 200 yrd 0. Just doing a little research.

I would fit a 20 MOA ( Minuets Of Angle ) Picatinny rail for upto 1000 yard something like an EGW would do. SWFA Mounts, Rings and Bases EGW Mounts EGW Picatinny Rail 1 Piece Scope Mounts Savage
Then a set of tactical rings .
get teh base rail and the scope first and then work out what height rings you need.
As far as a scope goes it's a huge choice but I like the 6 to 24 x 50 Vortex Viper PST FFP ebr 1 . You can get the reticule subtension of your choice either MOA or MRAD .

Vortex Optics - Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MRAD

Have you ever wanted to really pattern the Big Game Animals you hunt? To do that, you have to collect weather data, lunar data and solar data for the times you are seeing animals and the times you aren't. Obsessive Hunting Disorder does this for you.

You enter the location, time of day and the animal activity and all of the other data is automatically calculated for you. Create reports to pull the information that has been entered by you and many other hunters. This is how you really pattern an animal!

You cant do it without Obsessive Hunting Disorder

Bullet bumper Wow I've been looking for a site like this. Thank you. As much as I would like to go with a long range shooter my son said he wanted my 30-06 and I allready gave it to him. From past screw ups, have you ever forgot to turn down your scope and a deer walks across in front of you and by the time you pull it together and turn down the scope the shot has past. I have and as much as I would like to say I let him walk it just wouldn't be the truth. Most of my hunting is under 30 yrds, all I would see is hair.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts