NONYA

My name is Cole,Im a 6th gen MT native and an avid hunter/shooter.My goto BG rifle is a 700bdl in 7Rm that I have modded myself.My personal longrange record for a BG kill was a spike elk @ 750 yards with my 8mm RM.I have killed several muledeer in the 600-650 yard arena and this is my favorite long range shot.Here is a pic of my rig,the rifle shoots great and besides the low end optics it is just about perfect for me,the scope does the job but it isnt nearly as clear as i would like,i plan on replacing it next spring.
1DeathDealer.jpg

I took this buck last fall right over 600 yards.
2006buckwr.jpg

my first long range kill,a cow elk shot from that far ridge in the BG with the old 30-06 at age 14,estimated range 650 yards
myfirstelk.jpg

Two bulls me and dad took out on our Augusta ranch at 450 yards,2 shots 2 dead elk.
Picture687.jpg

my favorite long range muley,a 3 leeged buck with a non typ 38" spread.
1DROPTINEMD.jpg

Nice to find a place that welcomes long range hunters instead of preaching ethics and 100 yard shots,Thanx!

Cole,
Welcome aboard. Its a fun place to be.

You've done some nice hunting and shooting and are to be commended on doing your own mods on the rifle.

You make it look way too easy......;)

And BTW you were way better lookin' when you were younger.:D

Its kinda like living on a lake full of trout,walleye,ect and looking across the lake every morning at a herd of elk,mule deer and wt on public land that i can hunt with the use of my little fishing boat.Then there are the millions of acres of public land statewide full of game and the 8.5 million acres of private land that are open to hunting though the block managment program.Liberal game seasons and fun laws like the one that allows me to spotlight predators and varmits all winter from a vehicle,things most states wont allow,and our anti canned hunt law to boot,it aint half bad!:eek:

You are in Paradise. Maybe one day I will get back to MT and stay rather than just visit.

Its kinda like living on a lake full of trout,walleye,ect and looking across the lake every morning at a herd of elk,mule deer and wt on public land that i can hunt with the use of my little fishing boat.Then there are the millions of acres of public land statewide full of game and the 8.5 million acres of private land that are open to hunting though the block managment program.Liberal game seasons and fun laws like the one that allows me to spotlight predators and varmits all winter from a vehicle,things most states wont allow,and our anti canned hunt law to boot,it aint half bad!:eek:

SSSHHHhhhh don't tell the whole world ..

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.