Zachary Byler

I am a new member here. I am new to reloading. I own one rifle and am hoping to add more soon. I'm fairly new on the block of reloading and long range, so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Thank you. :)

I'm from North Idaho. I recently bought a 30-06 Springfield and an rcbs reloading kit. I'm curious, if I reload using sierra bullets but use one style of bullet to get proper expansion on impact at long range and another style for proper expansion at short range with minimal fragmentation, and both are the same weight, will it effect my accuracy switching between bullets? If so is there a good bullet that is built well for 400 yards + and 300 yards -

Zachary at those distances, just find a bullet you like and performs well. It is usually at extended ranges where bullet velocity slows that you need to be concerned about lack of expansion. I am sure there will be plenty of guys here with some great recommendations on Bullets and loads. Maybe use that post to start a thread Include what you include to hunt and everyone will chime in with what they are using

Good luck

Buck

Welcome. You will find a ton of answers for pretty much any question you may come up with here. Tons of great info and experience on this site. Ask away!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.