New Member/New Shooter

csanchez

hey guys, New to LRH. Socal based. Ex-military (intel, so just a desk/computer job), now a lawyer (a corporate guy that does deals, so don't hate on me), a pilot, surfer, diver, deep sea and fly fisherman. Can't believe I waited this long to get into shooting.

I'm not really a hunter, but you hunters are a super good group of guys. Just got into the sport about 4 months ago. I've already spent my piggy bank, my savings and now dipping into retirement to buy equipment. Your threads have helped me a lot as there is a ton of information that one needs to digest. So thanks for all the info

So far, I started by buying a SIG516 patrol in FDE. Put a Trijicon ACOG on it. Love it. Easily shoots out to 500 yards (remember, I'm a newbie) with the holdovers. getting out to 600+ yds with any accuracy has been challenging with that gun (plus the conditions have been really gusty). Put a Timney trigger on it, changed the buttstock, etc., etc., Then decided to build my own (Black rain ordnance upper and lower, BRO barrel, JP low mass bcg and buffer assembly, recoil eliminator, Geiselle SSA-E trigger, put a leupold 1.5-4x20 scope on it, etc., gun shoots great. -- will post pics when I figure out how to upload. Built another AR-15 (mostly JP parts for the upper, VTAC handrail, etc.). No optics on teh new build yet. Just got a LWRC REPR and ordered a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 (i think those are the rights stats??) scope for it. K Lin over at GA PRecision is building a 6.5 Creedmoor (26" barrel) for me... putting a SB PMII 5-25x56 scope on that (Badger Ordnance unimount ring set). I told you, I have spent everything I have on this sport!!

Anyway, thanks again for all the feedback you giuys give to one another.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.