new member looks like what im looking for

jeff skagen

hi my name is jeff. im looking .for a rifle that is accurate and can shoot to 800 to 1000 yards . not sure id shoot that far but would like to be able to shoot that far if needed. im from Enumclaw wash. not long range shooting on the west side of state but hunt eastern Washington for deer and elk where long shots are possible. saw a show on the 300 tejah if that's how its spelled lol. it seems like a good deer and ..elk cartlige I shoot a 7mm mag .:)

hi my name is jeff. im looking .for a rifle that is accurate and can shoot to 800 to 1000 yards . not sure id shoot that far but would like to be able to shoot that far if needed. im from Enumclaw wash. not long range shooting on the west side of state but hunt eastern Washington for deer and elk where long shots are possible. saw a show on the 300 tejah if that's how its spelled lol. it seems like a good deer and ..elk cartlige I shoot a 7mm mag .:)

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

The .300 Tejas is a nice wildcat but you already have a long range hunting rifle that is good to 1K yard with the right load and equipment with the 7MM Rem Mag.

Unless you just want a LRH rifle .308 you're 7MM Rem Mag is just fine esp. if you reload and have 1:9" twist or faster and 26"+ barrel to take advantage of the bigger bullet's high BC like Matrix 190 VLDs and 195 Berger VLDs. Nothing against the .300 Tejas but the .300 Win Mag is all you need. :D I harvested my 2013 MT bull elk at 931 yards with 190 Berger VLD. Load that .300 Win Mag with Berger 210s, 215s (my preference), or 230s and you're golden. :cool:

Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.