New Member Introduction

Dorran Larner

Although I am technically a new member I have been reading through the forum on a regular basis for several years. I have been shooting, reloading and hunting since I was a youngster. I don't typically shoot more than 500 yards but I have an increasing desire to work on extending my effective range. For hunting, I primarily chase elk with a bow as I thrive on the interaction. I currently have a Weatherby 30-378 and Fierce Fury 28 Nosler for big game. I have started working with a local bench shooter to improve my approach to load development which has brought to light my knowledge gaps.

Sounds like your well on your way.
I love my bow as well, tough to beat the feeling of killing an elk that you could hit with rock. I have no issues with using a rifle to fill the freezer, not quite the same, but still rewarding. I know it doesn't make sense, but the meat from a bow kill always tastes better to me, probably just the thought of the hunt that tastes so good.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.