New Member Intro

ncfireman83

Hello,
Brent here, newby to long range hunting forum! Thanks for accepting the request! I look forward to learning anything I can from the group here and also help out where I can! I've recently started back reloading, I know terrible time to try and start that hobby! My grandfather and I would reload years and years ago but after his passing I lost interest in it. I was going through some of his belongings about 4 months ago and found all of his reloading components and worked the fire again! So a little about myself, I obviously love the outdoors and hunting and shooting. I'm currently building a 280 ai on a Defiance action once the action is compete that is. I'm a full time fireman in central NC (17 1/2 years career, 24 years total service time). I have a daughter that shares the same passions as I do along with her softball talent and outstanding academics! Thanks again for acceptance

Awesome Mark37082. I sure will. All I'm lacking is my action. Using the following for the rest of the build:

Bartlein 3b fluted
Mesa Altitude Remington LA stock in Alpine camo
Triggertech primary
Hawkins M5 Obendorf bottom metal
Leupold VX5 3-15x56.

Hoping to find some loading info for 143g hammer hunters for it. Have tons of 140 partitions to try as well as 140's and 150's of the same. Also have some 168g Berger vld hunters as well

Welcome from Tennessee. Still waiting on a Hawkins Hunter magazine on my 280ai build. It's been a long but fun process. Feenix hooked me on the Anti X. Keep us posted.
Awesome! I sure will. All I'm lacking is my action. Using the following for the rest of the build:

Bartlein 3b fluted
Mesa Altitude Remington LA stock in Alpine camo
Triggertech primary
Hawkins M5 Obendorf bottom metal
Leupold VX5 3-15x56.

Hoping to find some loading info for 143g hammer hunters for it. Have tons of 140 partitions to try as well as 140's and 150's of the same. Also have some 168g Berger vld hunters as well

Hello,
Brent here, newby to long range hunting forum! Thanks for accepting the request! I look forward to learning anything I can from the group here and also help out where I can! I've recently started back reloading, I know terrible time to try and start that hobby! My grandfather and I would reload years and years ago but after his passing I lost interest in it. I was going through some of his belongings about 4 months ago and found all of his reloading components and worked the fire again! So a little about myself, I obviously love the outdoors and hunting and shooting. I'm currently building a 280 ai on a Defiance action once the action is compete that is. I'm a full time fireman in central NC (17 1/2 years career, 24 years total service time). I have a daughter that shares the same passions as I do along with her softball talent and outstanding academics! Thanks again for acceptance
Thanks for joining

Hello,
Welcome from GA!