4-16x50 mueller
Ken Farrel base
warne rings

lrh1.jpg

DPMS Mini SASS .223
Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 TAC

range3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. I have to admit to being a little suprised that I recognized Del Tone's shooting benches and the 100 yard range in your pic!! Had to take a look at your lacation lol!

Guess I spend too much time there

Hard to mistake the ugly green benches with any other range. Your not by chance the guy I met out there a couple times with the lefty 22-250 savage that told me about this site are you? Im the one that made the stainless shooting rests.

I Love the stockade prairie dog, Im actually looking into getting another. They were great to deal with, it took about 2 months to get this stock a couple years ago but that is how long they said it would take when I placed the order. I also made numerous phone calls getting tips on how to best finish the stock since I bought the out of the mold version and he was more than helpful with my questions.

I just gotta laugh! Yup

Did you ever get your DPMS to hold a good group?

hey, how is it going !!

once again the hottest load was the best at 9/16" group. There were no pressure signs and since the hotter the loads got, the more accurate they got, Im going to push them a little faster and hope for improvement but I can certainly live with 9/16" for a coyote round. Unfortunatly my anal side says it's not good enough.

Oh it's going pretty good. 9/16 is pretty good ;) but I know what you mean about trying to be better. Glad to see you found the site and are exploring it a little. Lots of good guys and great infoe here. Just be warned, it is addicting and may lead to large amounts of money to leave your posession.

take it easy, Mark.

Stainless:
I'm interested to hear your comments on the Bushnell 4200 6x24 tactical. I'm interested in this scope but I'm concerned with the 3" eye relief (where most other scopes have 3.5 to 4"). Have you had any issues with the short eye relief? do you know why Bushnell puts such short eye relief on the scope and not others?

Im in no way a scope/glass guru I just know I really like this scope. It is the highest quality scope I have ever owned and the most expensive which tells you I dont have much to compare it to. The eye releif has never been an issue with me on this scope. I mounted it to my rifle where my eye relief was the best at full magnification and it has worked great ever since through the mag ranges. Not much info for you but it's all I know.:D

Hi Stainless10FP,

As a Savage owner myself, I had a big :D when I first saw you photos - very , very nice indeed!

Well done, they look fantastic, with a capitol 'F'.

Cheers.

savage 10FP 20" .308
stockade prairie dog stock
Bushnell 4200 elite 6-24x50 TAC
Ken farrel 15 MOA base
warne rings
lrh2.jpg

308deltone.jpg

Savage 12 FV 22-250
factory stock with fiberglass/bulsa mods
4-16x50 mueller
Ken Farrel base
warne rings

lrh1.jpg

DPMS Mini SASS .223
Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 TAC

range3.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.