New member from Western North Carolina

jhollif

Hello all

Recently joined the forum here and have been mostly surfing around within it to get my bearings. I'm pretty new to the long range shooting and hunting but am eager to learn more through the combined knowledge of this group. I am hampered in my quest somewhat because of where I live. I haven't been able to find any ranges near me where I can shoot out past 300 yards. Anyone know of a site around an hours drive near Asheville?

Thanks again for the great forum.

John

Welcome....have to ask. Is it important to note where in the state your from? It sure as heck is out west. Some examples I am aware of. Eastern Oregon is totally different than western, same as washington, missoula county MT is nothing like 95 percent of the state, Boise Idaho area is like missoula county in MT. etc. etc. etc. Heck northern CA/San Diego is nothing like LA....oh excuse me "orange county".

Welcome....have to ask. Is it important to note where in the state your from? It sure as heck is out west. Some examples I am aware of. Eastern Oregon is totally different than western, same as washington, missoula county MT is nothing like 95 percent of the state, Boise Idaho area is like missoula county in MT. etc. etc. etc. Heck northern CA/San Diego is nothing like LA....oh excuse me "orange county".
I'm from the small town of Sapphire. Extreme western part of the state - Think Smokey Mountains - and you have an idea of the terrain. Tough to find long range shooting opportunities around here. I've gone so far as Alabama to find a 1000 yd range. Sure would like to find something closer in Eastern Tennessee, North Georgia, or South Carolina.

Hello all

Recently joined the forum here and have been mostly surfing around within it to get my bearings. I'm pretty new to the long range shooting and hunting but am eager to learn more through the combined knowledge of this group. I am hampered in my quest somewhat because of where I live. I haven't been able to find any ranges near me where I can shoot out past 300 yards. Anyone know of a site around an hours drive near Asheville?

Thanks again for the great forum.

John
Welcome from the Hickory area.

Hawks Ridge is a 1000yard range. Look it up on the ole Web. Good luck.