New member from western NC

Damascus

Hello everyone! I found this site a few days ago while looking for some reloading data for some long range .300 Win Mag loads... I've been a long time member of another forum for a long long time, but my interests revolve mainly around long-range precision marksmanship. I love accurate, long range rifles and developing loads for them (although my loading days are on hold, my RCBS Rangemaster 750 digital scale died on me 2 days ago, and I don't have a backup, and don't have enough funds to get a replacement, so Im here to try and sell a few things or trade to get one lol)
Anyways, I live in the mountains of western NC, and mostly deer hunt, and varmint hunt. My wife is from Minnesota, and we are visiting her family there in late December, so I am hoping to do some hunting there too!
I love AR's and bolt rifles, as long as they print under 1 MOA ;) Currently, I have a few bolt rifles, most of them Remington M700 based, couple in .308 Win, one in .243, and one in .30-06. Got another, a Winchester M70 based in .300 Win Mag, and a couple AR15's, one of which is magic... Seriously, magic. It's the ONLY rifle I have ever seen with a lightweight chrome lined barrel that can print .5" groups at 100 yards all day long! It started as a S&W M&P15T, one of the older ones with actual Troy components, with a chrome lined 16" M4 profile barrel. After seeing it's inherent accuracy, I added a JP trigger, H2 buffer, Magpul CTR stock with cheekriser, AAC Blackout flash hider, and IOR Tactical 2-12x32 scope (which I am going to sell or trade for something a bit lighter/smaller), and even with it's 1/9" twist barrel (1/8.6" actual rate), using my handloads with 68gr. Hornady BTHP Match bullets and RL15 powder, prints unbelievable groups!
Anyways, thanks for reading, and PM me if you have a scale you'd sale cheap or trade, or interested in that scope lol.

dortonNC

Welcome to the board. I'm a carolinian, like you, and like you I found this place while searching for load data. I also have an appreciation for the M&P15, mine will go 10 for 10 on 4" plate a 400 yards with nosler 69g custom comp hpbt using my trijicon accupoint 1-4. I've shot it to 500 on 10"×17", but didn't check group size. Thats the only time i've ever gotten to shoot that far, hopefully I can change that.

Damascus

Nice! Yep, I see you are from Winston, I am about 3 hours from there. I am about 40 minutes north-north-west from Asheville. Next to Marion, if you've ever been up this far.
I used to bite on the hype that only "good" AR15's were totally mil-spec, with 1/7" twist barrels, etc, and that used to be true, since only DPMS, Bushy, Olympic, etc made rifles with 1/9" twist, but nowadays, AR-15's have all come a long long ways in the accuracy and quality departments.
May need to get together and shoot sometime.. Any good places to shoot up there around 300 - 1000 yards?

ragsflh

LRH Team Member
welcome aboard.dont have any xtra scales

dortonNC

Nice! Yep, I see you are from Winston, I am about 3 hours from there. I am about 40 minutes north-north-west from Asheville. Next to Marion, if you've ever been up this far.
I used to bite on the hype that only "good" AR15's were totally mil-spec, with 1/7" twist barrels, etc, and that used to be true, since only DPMS, Bushy, Olympic, etc made rifles with 1/9" twist, but nowadays, AR-15's have all come a long long ways in the accuracy and quality departments.
May need to get together and shoot sometime.. Any good places to shoot up there around 300 - 1000 yards?
Thats a beautiful area. I'm going to send you a PM about some longer range shooting opportunities.

Trending threads