New member from Washington State

swisski

Hey everyone, my name is Brian and I just recently joined, yet I'm a long time lurker. I don't normally introduce myself in new member sections, but was encouraged to after a previous post so I figured I might as well honor that after all the helpful feedback I obtained!

I'm a career Firefighter with a pretty fierce passion for most things outdoors, hunting and fishing. I cut my teeth hunting blacktail with my Dad and buddies in the Western WA jungles with my rifle. I also hunt elk and bear, cats if I come across them, or any species I'm lucky enough to draw a tag for. Also big into upland birds with my red lab sidekick. I thoroughly enjoy the process of taking an animal from the wild and honoring it as delicious table fare.

All that being said, a few buddies and I have slowly been getting into the long range game over the past couple years. I don't have my own fancy build yet, but after I bought a Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor, I started having fun learning how to shoot it at distance. I recently took up reloading and now I'm fully into that rabbit hole, but I'm enjoying learning about all the intricacies and detail that goes into developing a precision load, even though I have a long way to go.

I look forward to learning the ways of all you mastery LR guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts