New member from the show me state

double 00

I have been reading here a while but recently join. I found this site while trying to learn more about scopes. Now I am starting to get overwhelmed. Man there is so many options. Look forward to reading all the info from the members here.

I am 56 years old and have been a avid Hunter and shooter since I was a child. I never took any shots over 150 yards, because I never felt the confidence in my ability. I see post in this forum and think what I could do with the right instructions, equipment and practice. So I am mainly interested in shooting out to 600 yards for some coyotes..

I am 56 years old and have been a avid Hunter and shooter since I was a child. I never took any shots over 150 yards, because I never felt the confidence in my ability. I see post in this forum and think what I could do with the right instructions, equipment and practice. So I am mainly interested in shooting out to 600 yards for some coyotes..
Welcome aboard. I used to think 600 was a long shot. Now after practice and training right, that's just a warm up. You will get there. My old man is mich older than you and boy can he shoot now!!!! 600 was a mile to him. Now he warms up at 600. It is awesome to see. Old school was what they had at the time. Embrace the technology and techniques. These past few wars and PRS has changed long range forever and in a good way

Hey fellow Missourian! Nice to see ya here. What area are you in? I'm almost straight north of St. Louis about 50 miles or so.

If you do not mind me asking where do you shoot. I belong to the Missouri gun and quail club. Used to belong to St Louis bench rest club but I let it go.

I'm looking to get started with a membership to the range out of Wright City. Guessing that's the St. Louis Benchrest club. I haven't been there yet though. I'm still in the latter stages of finishing my rifle build. So I've not yet gotten my feet wet so to speak, in the long range game. But I'm putting things together slowly.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.