New Member From South Louisiana

I drove through Youngsville everyday back then in order to get to school in Cade. You wouldn't recognize Youngsville now - it has blown up with new developments and residents. But the same good food and people that you remember are still here. Good to make your acquaintance!
I'm sure---I remember shooting 22lr off my apartment patio into a vacant field behind the complex-- doubt I'd get away with that now. Got pulled over by chief of parish police for running a stop sign, paid a little "fine" on the spot, buddy got pulled over comming back from the "dawg house" for a dwi, police had him toss his keys into the ditch flooded with water, was told to walk home and comeback the next day to swim for his keys; would close down "just Judy's" and she would just lock us inside the bar overnight to keep us from driving, she would let us out the next morning, used to dock the skiff at "wa-wee's" and party all night too-was a different world back then. I worked offshore as a diver/welder for American oilfield divers-- those were some rowdy days. Don't even get me started on Mardi Gras, some days are hard to remember.

Last edited:
I'm sure---I remember shooting 22lr off my apartment patio into a vacant field behind the complex-- doubt I'd get away with that now. Got pulled over by chief of parish police for running a stop sign, paid a little "fine" on the spot, buddy got pulled over comming back from the "dawg house" for a dwi, police had him toss his keys into the ditch flooded with water, was told to walk home and comeback the next day to swim for his keys; would close down "just Judy's" and she would just lock us inside the bar overnight to keep us from driving was, she would let us out the next morning, used to dock the skiff at "wa-wee's" and party all night too-was a different world back then. I worked offshore as a diver/welder for American oilfield divers-- those were some rowdy days. Don't even get me started on Mardi Gras, some days are hard to remember.
You definitely had some fun in Cajun country back then! In the early 90's the drinking age in Louisiana was 18 and my senior year in high school we were allowed to drive off campus for lunch or when we didn't have classes. So I would drive from Cade to Morvant's in Youngsville and have a burder, drink a beer, play some pool and then head back to school. Good times...

You definitely had some fun in Cajun country back then! In the early 90's the drinking age in Louisiana was 18 and my senior year in high school we were allowed to drive off campus for lunch or when we didn't have classes. So I would drive from Cade to Morvant's in Youngsville and have a burder, drink a beer, play some pool and then head back to school. Good times...
Yup, 18 in a bar--- scarry when you think about it, I remember 15 year olds with fake id's in the bars back then. Drive through Daiquiri bars, piece of scotch tape over the hole in the lid was the " closed container", everyone in the car could drink except the driver--- not sure of the laws there now.
The intercoastal waterways went as far as you could imagine, some of the towns/ports way down south we left from didn't even really have much land to them, just swamps. Fishing was the best though.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.