New Member from Oklahoma

ryan.e.g

Hello,

Im from Idabel, Ok which is in the Southeastern part of the state. Im married but no children as of yet. I am currently a full time fireman but just got hired with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and will be going to the 63rd OHP academy on January 28th of next year. I love hunting and shooting. I also raise and train squirrel dogs.

I raise Original Mountain Cur breed dogs. They are an all around hunting dog with lots of drive to hunt. I use mine to find squirrels in the Kiamichi mountains here in southeast OK. They use their nose & eyes to locate squirrels in trees and then will raise up on the tree and bark or 'tree' as we call it. Search it on you tube and you can find some videos if dogs doing this. It's alot of fun watching the dogs work & doing what they love.

... It's alot of fun watching the dogs work & doing what they love.

During a recent pig hunt I met a guy who used two pig dogs. One a big black lab and the other a tiny Jack Russel Terrier. Watching the little terrier was truly a joyful experience. He'd run deep into the brush and swiftly check every growing thing within a couple of hundred yards. He was silent until he found a pig, then he bounced about challenging the pig and continuously barked until we arrived or the pig ran. If the pig ran he'd chase it until called off. Usually the pig stood its ground and challenged the little fella but that little terrier had incredible reflexes that kept him out of the pig's reach and gave him access to the pig's underbelly.
Watching this amazing little terrier work was so much fun that it was sometimes hard to keep my mind on the target. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.