New member from near Columbia, SC

tatwell

Hello to all. I found this group while doing a search for info on painting my new AR15. I found the info great, read some of the posts and decided to join up. So, here's who I am...I am 61 years old, retired after working in the technical field for 40 years or so. I live in Pelion,SC which is close to Columbia. I haven't done much hunting or shooting in the past 10 years or so, but I was quite active up to that time. I've mostly done deer hunting and varmints, plus a lot of handgun shooting. I did a lot of shooting with the big bores, 375 H&H, 458, and the smaller 300's and 338's, plus 44 mag, 41 mag and 45 Colt.

I cleaned out the gun cabinet a few years ago, and just recently bought my first AR15, plus a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911, as well as a couple of 3rd generation S&W pistols. I am going to try a little deer hunting, but I hope to mainly do varmints as well as hog hunting-I understand that the hogs are really a problem to the farmers here in SC.

I hope to meet some fellow South Carolinian's on here, and maybe get together and do some hunting together.

That's about all there is to my background. I hope to get my AR painted in a few days, and I'll post back in the correct area with my results. Once again, hello to all.

Welcome from the upstate....and I don't mean NY....:D
Love to see the paint job, will do my 338WM next year if~n it dont rain.
If you get a lock on some hogs... have gun will travel.
Good Luck

Thanks for the welcome. Still trying to locate a place to shoot some hogs, no luck yet but I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.