New member from ND

rapala09

Hello Everyone,
I have been a long time lurker, but never post. I guess being new to long range shooting I never feel like I am in a position to offer advice. Not being able to buy stuff from the classifieds pushed me to get a few posts though.
I am an engineer from North Dakota, I shoot a .270 and a .270 wsm. I have a wife and two kids, a 4 year old girl, and a 1 year old boy.
Looking forward to posting more, if I feel like I can offer some sound advice that is. 🙂

I am originally from Mandan, but we currently live in Beulah. We've been in Beulah for about 3 or 4 years now and love being so close to Lake Sakakawea.
Kind of cool to know of someone from ND on here. I'm sure there are others as well!

For pheasants and coyotes I do. My family and I mostly hunt the badlands in western ND for mule deer though. and either MT or WY for elk. I also run a trap line around the Beulah area too.

Perfect! I hunt in the SW part of ND. South of Scranton/Bowman area. Have for 19 years. I too hunt WY for elk. Just came back from a successful trip. Many good people on this site. Glad you're here.

We lived in Beulah ND for 3 years helping to build the Coal Gassification Plant north and a bit west of town in the early 1980's. Our oldest daughter was born in Bismarck. The weather extremes in ND are far greater than most would believe, +105F in the summer, -49F mercury in winter, 109F below chill factor one weekend in Beulah when we lived there. We now live in far North Utah, much lower extremes here.

Corsair,
That is where I currently work. It doesn't sound like the weather has changed much since you've been here. We get a lot of high winds too.

ShtrRdy,
I mostly either hunt, or just shoot steel with my family. Right now we have a range set up from 200-880 yards. I much prefer shooting steel to paper, there's something about the "Ping" and swinging targets that satisfies me. Haha

Thanks for all the welcome's everyone!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts