New member from Maryland

PlumberEd

Hello everyone,

You'll never guess what I do for a living. LOL. 400 yards is long range to me, like to hunt groundhog & deer, been reloading for 30 odd years, willing to listen and learn from others. Hope to learn from you guys. Just purchased a Fierce Fury LR in 6.5 CM, mounted a ATACR 4-16, shoots well but I am unhappy with the weight of the rig. So I'm looking for a different scope, something lighter with good low light performance.

PlumberEd

Hello everyone,

You'll never guess what I do for a living. LOL. 400 yards is long range to me, like to hunt groundhog & deer, been reloading for 30 odd years, willing to listen and learn from others. Hope to learn from you guys. Just purchased a Fierce Fury LR in 6.5 CM, mounted a ATACR 4-16, shoots well but I am unhappy with the weight of the rig. So I'm looking for a different scope, something lighter with good low light performance.

PlumberEd
Welcome to the form from Tennessee

Welcome to the forum Ed!! ATACR's are on the heavy side but they're built to survive. How much does that rig weigh?
Sorry for the delayed response. The weight is right around 10 pounds. You're right about the ATACRs, they are 100% dependable. I removed the ATACR & mounted a VX-6 2-12 with a B&C reticle thinking it was more suited for hunting. Sure livened the rifle up a bit but there are some trade offs: tracking is ok but not quite as definite as the ATACR, target resolution past 200 yards is not so great and I miss the clarity of the ATACR. Thinking I might go back.