New Member from Indiana

New Member from Indiana. Originally born in NW South Dakota and learned to shoot at the age of 11 when we moved back to NW South Dakota after a few years. I still have the S&W 1500 (Howa) .25-06 I used to take my first pronghorn and muley when I was 12. Had it sighted so zero was at 200yds. Lots of guys out there used .22-250s at the time for coyotes (always a problem). I jumped on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon a few years back. I reload and have a chronograph so I can work the loads in to where I need them to be. I will be shooting out to 1000yds later this year. I have to travel out 2hrs just to get somewhere in Indiana where you can do this. Ultimately I would like to build a .338 NM and go out west and take it out a mile. I have a friend training me who was a prior PRS shooter and trains LE and military long range shooting and ballistics.

Hi to everyone here and thanks for letting me join your community,

David
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee

New Member from Indiana. Originally born in NW South Dakota and learned to shoot at the age of 11 when we moved back to NW South Dakota after a few years. I still have the S&W 1500 (Howa) .25-06 I used to take my first pronghorn and muley when I was 12. Had it sighted so zero was at 200yds. Lots of guys out there used .22-250s at the time for coyotes (always a problem). I jumped on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon a few years back. I reload and have a chronograph so I can work the loads in to where I need them to be. I will be shooting out to 1000yds later this year. I have to travel out 2hrs just to get somewhere in Indiana where you can do this. Ultimately I would like to build a .338 NM and go out west and take it out a mile. I have a friend training me who was a prior PRS shooter and trains LE and military long range shooting and ballistics.

Hi to everyone here and thanks for letting me join your community,

David
Thanks to everyone that has already posted. I will help as I can. I expect I will probably be more on the learning end for a while. Lots of knowledgeable people here willing to help out others. Nice to be part of this community.

Welcome from Southwest okahoma
Good to see the kids. I have seven. Oldest is 31 and youngest is 16. Looks like you will have your hands full for a while. Enjoy it while you can - they grow up way too fast. Spend time with them. I find I have too often lived for the man and not for my family near enough. Don't live with regrets.

Recent Posts