New Member from Indiana

mooredj

New Member from Indiana. Originally born in NW South Dakota and learned to shoot at the age of 11 when we moved back to NW South Dakota after a few years. I still have the S&W 1500 (Howa) .25-06 I used to take my first pronghorn and muley when I was 12. Had it sighted so zero was at 200yds. Lots of guys out there used .22-250s at the time for coyotes (always a problem). I jumped on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon a few years back. I reload and have a chronograph so I can work the loads in to where I need them to be. I will be shooting out to 1000yds later this year. I have to travel out 2hrs just to get somewhere in Indiana where you can do this. Ultimately I would like to build a .338 NM and go out west and take it out a mile. I have a friend training me who was a prior PRS shooter and trains LE and military long range shooting and ballistics.

Hi to everyone here and thanks for letting me join your community,

David

Last edited:
New Member from Indiana. Originally born in NW South Dakota and learned to shoot at the age of 11 when we moved back to NW South Dakota after a few years. I still have the S&W 1500 (Howa) .25-06 I used to take my first pronghorn and muley. Had it sighted so zero was at 200yds. Lots of guys out there uses .22-250s at the time for coyotes (always a problem). I jumped on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon a few years back. I reload and have a chronograph so I can work the loads in to where I need them to be. I will be shooting out to 1000yds later this year. I have to travel out 2hrs just to get somewhere in Indiana where you can do this. Ultimately I would like to build a .338 NM and go out west and take it out a mile. I have a friend training me who was a prior PRS shooter and trains LE and military long range shooting and ballistics.

Hi to everyone here and thanks for letting me join your community,

David
Thanks for joining ,I like the phrase creedmore bandwagon ,
I came close to joining the 6.5 crowd , I had a Mauser model 18 I think , in my shopping cart in 6.5 PRC , but got buck fever and couldn't pull the trigger!