New member from Colorado Springs

Lukedc

Hi everyone,
Ive been hunting since I was a boy and have recently gotten into long range target shooting. I have lived in Colorado my whole life from Grand Junction to Steamboat and now CO Springs. So shoutout to all my fellow Coloradans. Ive been looking at forums here for a long time and finally joined to get in on the conversations and maybe pick up some gear from the classifieds as well. I made my first kill shot over 250 yards on an elk 2 years ago. It was at about 530 as best I could tell after going back and ranging it last summer. I had guessed where to hold and I realized how fortunate I was to have made it upon looking at ballistics for my .300wm. So that motivated me to learn more about the cartridges Im shooting and how to use better scopes and MOA. That way in the future I can make an educated shot. But for now just trying to figure out how this site works. o_O

A belated welcome to LRH and enjoy. My son is a USAFA 2011 grad so COS has a soft spot for me.

The .300 WM is an excellent choice for LRH/S, it remains as my go to chambering from antelope to elk size game up to 1K yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.