New member from AZ

EMAZ2

Hello, I'm Eric from Phoenix. Figured it was time to actually join versus just reading through content without contributing. I've been a part of Rokslide for a while with lots of great info cross-referenced on here. Been an avid outdoorsman since being introduced to fishing and hunting as a child.

Always enjoy getting out to hunt, shoot, or fish. Enjoy being able to take my kids to teach them and going with family and friends. Looking forward to my son's second youth elk hunt here this fall and some out of state opportunities for myself in ID & MT.

7E27DCA9-76E7-4D79-9444-E611E71CC6D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome from western Pa. Any success for your son last year on his elk hunt?
Yes…he was drawn when he was 10 and took a cow at 120 yards with a 7mm-08 off bog pod. It was a really awesome trip. There was a 6x6 bull with 6 cows…told him not the bull and pick one cow to focus on. He ended up dropping the lead cow. He'll be 13 on this year's hunt.

454F1D3C-1634-4C60-80FA-23FC6D24EEBA.jpeg

Hello, I'm Eric from Phoenix. Figured it was time to actually join versus reading just reading through content without contributing. I've been a part of Rokslide for a while with lots of great info cross-referenced on here. Been an avid outdoorsman since being introduced to fishing and hunting as a child.

Always enjoy getting out to hunt, shoot, or fish. Enjoy being able to take my kids to teach them and going with family and friends. Looking forward to my son's second youth elk hunt here this fall and some out of state opportunities for myself in ID & MT.

View attachment 456521
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee. Pass on our hunting and shooting heritage, or it will be lost forever.

Welcome from Chandler! Hope you have had good luck with the draw so far.
Just for my son with his youth hunt this year…hoping for an out-of-state elk and antelope opportunity. Can't complain too much; had a very successful 2021 early archery bull hunt where I tagged out a 320 6x6 bull. Called in a nice 292 5x6 for my brother-in-law that he successfully took at 32 yards for his first every archery hunt and first elk.
Any luck this year here in AZ for you?

Attachments

• 29128410-CAF6-41DE-821C-836D6052C6ED.jpeg
    29128410-CAF6-41DE-821C-836D6052C6ED.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • D75EF748-8C02-4993-9613-5896E65FAE2A.jpeg
    D75EF748-8C02-4993-9613-5896E65FAE2A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Yes…he was drawn when he was 10 and took a cow at 120 yards with a 7mm-08 off bog pod. It was a really awesome trip. There was a 6x6 bull with 6 cows…told him not the bull and pick one cow to focus on. He ended up dropping the lead cow. He'll be 13 on this year's hunt.

View attachment 456556
When I first looked at the picture, I thought that there was a "Spear" behind the young man and he harvested the Elk with it! :D
Welcome to LRH!!!!
Len & Jill

When I first looked at the picture, I thought that there was a "Spear" behind the young man and he harvested the Elk with it! :D
Welcome to LRH!!!!
Len & Jill
Now that would've been impressive 😂. Yeah, that's the bog pod shooting sticks he used courtesy of his Grandpa who got to watch the whole thing from about 30 yards behind us…fortunately, he was able to hike back and flag down some assistance when he made it back to my truck. Was going to be a long night of me quartering it out since he took it in the evening. Gotta love other hunters willing to lend a hand; guy with a side-by-side was able to make it down and help me load it out.