new member, found the forum on the Internet

longrangecowboy

HI, I have a question on scopes. When zeroed in at a hundred yards with the parallax set at 100, does the impact point also move when changing distances. In other words does changing the parallax to 200 hundred yards does the crosshairs compensate and your holdover is already done? It's not easy to test this since because nothing must move, but it does appear be on target when adjust the parallax. Let me know, I'm not young, so please be simple when answering.

The parallax knob is more like focusing a pair of binoculars. The parallax has absolutely no correlation to where the bullet is going to go or where the crosshairs are, they are two totally separate mechanisms.

The "100" on the parallax knob is going to focus the target through the scope at roughly 100 yds. Moving the knob to "200" will give you a clearer image at roughly 200 yds.

Again, the parallax adjustment has nothing to do with bullet trajectory.

Hopefully this answered your question some, if I understood it correctly.

Thank you, IAHNTR. I did find more info. on a sniper forum about the same subject. It seems a person could spend a lifetime working and understanding scopes. I just purchased a new Mueller and like it except for the turret knobs. In a effort to make sure they didn't move by accident, they are quite hard to turn with older hands.
Thanks for the fast reply.
Longrangecowboy

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts