New Member, First rifle build

Yup and not far from you.

I live in Richmond and hunt in hallettsville. I shoot to 600 at American shooting center just weet of Houston but do most of my load work at a small private range just south of El Campo. We only go to 300 but it's rarely crowded and convenient.
Oh nice. I'm in Edna. I know that hallettsville area pretty well, used to work in that area a lot.

Finding a place to shoot distance at is definitely tough. I have people that have land it's possible on but not like I can just pick up and go whenever I like.

Hello everybody. New member here from South East Texas but I've lurked through this site for a couple of years now scavenging info on builds and calibers. Earlier this year I sold a couple of "pretty" Remington BDL rifles and scratched the cash together to build myself a "do all" hunting rig.

280ai
Defiance Tenacity
Mcmillan Hunter Stock
Bartlien 2B Barrel @ 24" 1 in 8.75 twist
Triggertech "Special"
Remington bottom metal
Wyatts Extended mag/follower.

I had originally planned to go with a slightly smaller Nightforce SHV scope but my local smith happened to have a very gently used 5-20x56 SHV at the time so I picked it up with a set of Larue QD rings.

Work was done by Crossroads Precision in Victoria. Russell is a great guy and was very helpful with the whole process.
Hopefully being here will encourage me to stretch it out a little.
Noice! Great choice of bore!

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee you're in good company as there are many Texans here ,great rifle by the way I'm sure you'll be very happy with it!