New Member, First rifle build

Hello everybody. New member here from South East Texas but I've lurked through this site for a couple of years now scavenging info on builds and calibers. Earlier this year I sold a couple of "pretty" Remington BDL rifles and scratched the cash together to build myself a "do all" hunting rig.

280ai
Defiance Tenacity
Mcmillan Hunter Stock
Bartlien 2B Barrel @ 24" 1 in 8.75 twist
Triggertech "Special"
Remington bottom metal
Wyatts Extended mag/follower.

I had originally planned to go with a slightly smaller Nightforce SHV scope but my local smith happened to have a very gently used 5-20x56 SHV at the time so I picked it up with a set of Larue QD rings.

Work was done by Crossroads Precision in Victoria. Russell is a great guy and was very helpful with the whole process.
Hopefully being here will encourage me to stretch it out a little.
Sweet build and set up!! Welcome to the forum, China Grove, Texas here..

Very nice looking rifle, how does it shoot, have you worked up any loads for it? Welcome to the forum, I am in Northeast Texas, Reilly Springs community.

Forgot to mention, with bullet shortages everywhere, you may want to try Hammer Bullets, they are in stock and requires little work to develop an accurate load.

Update:
Finally got enough bench time in to break the barrel in and aight it in with some factory ammo. Not a bad group for 160 Nosler partitions. Even though I nudged that second shot.

Need to bring it about a click up I believe but other than that I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• CE2EBDB5-9BE7-435A-ABA0-B709CB9AC553.jpeg
    CE2EBDB5-9BE7-435A-ABA0-B709CB9AC553.jpeg
    843.4 KB · Views: 11
Update:
Finally got enough bench time in to break the barrel in and aight it in with some factory ammo. Not a bad group for 160 Nosler partitions. Even though I nudged that second shot.

Need to bring it about a click up I believe but other than that I'm happy with it.
What powder do you have pushing the 160 AB's? Nice group!