New member Bullet questions

ssalvest

When I resided in CO I used Noslers for both .270 and 7mm cal. had good results no issues, especially on shoulder hits.
I have been using Berger 52 grain for coyotes with great results... Best accuracy on bench and hard drops on hit coyotes.
I recently decided to start using Berger's for hunting on 270 and 7mm since I'm getting the best accuracy from them on those rifles as well. Since the switch I haven't dropped any animals to see if their might be some shortfalls I should be aware of.. Like "stick to lung shots" and stay away from shoulder shots....due to excessive bullet fragmentation........

Has anyone experienced any notable differences between Nosler Part. and Berger hunting bullets?

Welcome to the forum! Someone will come along with firsthand experience to answer your question. Stay tuned.

What Berger's are you referring to??

You need to be specific in your posts!

If anything imo in some Berger projectiles like the old target which is now called VLD hunting I believe you can get 'penciling' where there is minimal expansion.

Or you could try a head shot, which is the 1st primal shot if you ask me if in range then heart shot!

Long story short...………..
If something doesn't work then change it.

Plenty of good game based projectiles out there!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.