New LR Rig Has Arrived!

COBrad

Ordered this rifle from Quarter Minute Magnums last fall. Fit and finish seem to be flawless. I took it to the range last night and fired two 1.5" groups at 300 yards in a stiff, shifty breeze. Looking forward to stretching out to long range this weekend, hopefully in better conditions.

Specs:
7mm Remington .307" neck throated for 180 gr Berger VLD
BAT HR action w/ integral 20 MOA rail, melonite treated by BAT, receiver then bead blasted
Jewell Trigger
Kreiger #19 barrel, cut to 28"
Greybull stock, Duracoat finish
Schmidt Bender PMII 4-16x50 w/ Holland ART MOA reticle

The goal with this rifle is marmots at 1K, then LR elk hunting.

Attachments

• 300 yd group resize.jpg
    300 yd group resize.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Rifle1resize.jpg
    Rifle1resize.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Rifle2resize.jpg
    Rifle2resize.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Rifle3resize.jpg
    Rifle3resize.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 127
Nice rig there!
I was looking around for some info on those greybull stocks without much luck. Perhaps if you have the time you could tell us a bit about your thoughts on it.

I handled several different stocks before settling on the Greybull. Weight is not bad at 2.6 lbs, and it just felt right in all positions. The forearm is wide enough for stability, but I can easily get my hand around it for carrying. The factory finish is good too, even though I had mine Duracoated.

I am on their site every couple weeks looking at new builds. He makes some nice guns. I have heard a lot of good about them.

How long was your wait? Did you get the new ART reticle with MOA above and below the horizontal cross? I would love to see a through the scope picture of that reticle sometime.

Nice Rig!

Scot E.

Ordered this rifle from Quarter Minute Magnums last fall. Fit and finish seem to be flawless. I took it to the range last night and fired two 1.5" groups at 300 yards in a stiff, shifty breeze. Looking forward to stretching out to long range this weekend, hopefully in better conditions.

Specs:
7mm Remington .307" neck throated for 180 gr Berger VLD
BAT HR action w/ integral 20 MOA rail, melonite treated by BAT, receiver then bead blasted
Jewell Trigger
Kreiger #19 barrel, cut to 28"
Greybull stock, Duracoat finish
Schmidt Bender PMII 4-16x50 w/ Holland ART MOA reticle

The goal with this rifle is marmots at 1K, then LR elk hunting.

Wow! This sounds a LOT like my current build which is posted on the forum "30/375 S.I.". Mine has a 28" Krieger Sendero contour but will look a lot like yours. This kind of gives me a preview and I like it! Sounds like a real shooter too..........Rich

love the barrel! I ordered a #5 fluted sporter hoping to get something similar to what you have there..... Hope mine looks something like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.