New Long Range Scope

Hello Dave7mm

Yes the older Leupolds especially the variables had problems from time to time.

I have been checking with friends of mine that have the Leupold LR and the Mark 4s and have no report of problems "so far."

Even shooting at the 1000 yard matches, they seem to be well accepted and are holding up without flaw.

I do like the side wheel focus and think the 20X to 25X power setting is about right for the 1000 yard match shooting.

To my eyes, they are extremely bright and clear. As I stated before, a person could own two of these scopes for what one of the more expensive scopes cost.
The question is, is it REALLY worth the differance in cost? That's an individuals decision.

I think the Zeiss 6X or 8X is extremely clear also but just about ANY scope is clear and bright at those powers.

I'm glad we live in America and can make those decisions as to what scope we want. Maybe that's another reason I try and buy American when I can.

If one really wants to compare optics, just put a 2" Unertl target scope (15X) up and see how clear they are.

As long as the turn around time is what it is
at Leupold and as long as I don't have MAJOR problems with my 8 1/2X to 25X LR or the Mark4, these scopes will be good enough for me for a long time to come.

Darryl Cassel

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.