New long range elk gun

Go with the 215 bergers over the 210's they have a hybrid ogive and shorter bearing surface. One makes it less sensitive to seating the other gives it a bit more speed than the 210's. It is also a proven elk bullet in the 300 win.

Will try that forsure. Thanks for the advice.

Pick up all the components you like, put them in a hard rifle case, send it to RSE customs out of 29 Palms CA.
That's what I did and every detail is exactly what I want.

Pick up all the components you like, put them in a hard rifle case, send it to RSE customs out of 29 Palms CA.
That's what I did and every detail is exactly what I want.

As good as that sounds, Reloading and working up a load is one of the parts that I like most about buying a new gun. Also I'm sorry if your from California but you won't catch me sending any of my guns close to that state.

As good as that sounds, Reloading and working up a load is one of the parts that I like most about buying a new gun. Also I'm sorry if your from California but you won't catch me sending any of my guns close to that state.
I'm not from California, but I was stationed there at the time. Gave my business to an old retired Marine that runs RSE.

Last edited:
There was just a thread on here about a Fierce rifle not shooting that well. Some comments in there also said Fierce doesn't handle criticism well and only guarantee the load that they shot when testing the rifle for accuracy. I'm sure they're good rifles and most shoot well, but there's still the chance of a bad one.
I just got mine yesterday. Mounting the scope today and going to the range tomorrow. I'll update this thread after shoot it tomorrow.

Well first results for the x-bolt lr .300 win mag seem to be very good. For now I went to scheels and picked up some cheap federal PowerShok 180 grain to sight in and the first group I had at a 100 was just at 1 moa. I probably could have done a little bit better as my hands were hold and I didn't have tons of time before the range closed. I'm going back out tonight to put a few rounds down the tube but so far I am very impressed with it for what I bought it for.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts