New Lightweight Rifle

I bought a second rifles inc strata. 300 WM. 5.7# with rings and atlas rail. .6" with barnes ammo.. Too broke down to carry a heavy rifle...

6.5cm Fieldcraft with vortex razor LH 2.5x10 all up with sling and ammo is 6.8lb~.... accuracy is sub MOA about to 800 with many many factory offerings. The balance is **** near perfect. I think the balance is more important than being super light weight. I feel almost everyone can shoot accurately when in a steady prone position, but it's more important to me to be able to have a gun that holds steady when shooting offhand. You never know when a buck or bull of a lifetime jumps out and you need to shoot offhand. Those unbalanced flyweights start dancing real quick.... for me I can shoot 2-3Moa off hand with the fieldcraft. To me that's important.

Gobears16, I like the way you give the weight of your rifle, "all up with sling"! That gives an accurate depiction of the rifle as it will be use in the field!!!

And, I totally agree with balance, unless the rifle is to be used from prone or bipod....which would rarely work, where many of us hunt! memtb

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.