New lightweight build

I learned the same thing when I ha Proof Research (when they were called Lone Wolf). I was certainly upset when the rifle arrived. The guy told me it is standard in the industry because they have no idea what pad or metal you are going to use.

Since then I discovered Hastings Micro-Cell. I replaced all the 6-8 ounce pads with a 1.26" 2.9 ounce pad. So far no problems with them at all. I told Proof Research about them and MPI. MPI is now using them as standard.

Thanks I'm adding them to my list.

I built a light one today, #3 fluted Brux cut at 21 inches, chambered in 270 SS and I leave a 1 inch shank for barrel stability weighs 2 lb 9 oz. The whole rifle assembled with a Lone Peaks Razor Ti short action, ADL bottom, mag box, Timney Calvin elite trigger, Talley rings and a Swaro optic at 14 oz, all in a Manners EH4 ready to hunt weights dead on 7 lbs.

Sounds like a heck of a rifle. I've been calling around all day for the lightest barrel. Even a number 1 and 2 seem to weigh more than the proof carbon sandero. 2lns 4 ounces. I was told a bunch that I could do lighter in a steel fluted but finding out that's not the case. Tried to contact twisted as previously mention in this thread. The have contact info on the page but it's only address and Facebook Twitter. Not doing either of them just wanna make a call. Looks like they are not getting my order.

Yes seems the sales guy mis spoke. I just got off the phone with them a 22" blank is 2lbs 12 oz the shilan light is 2lbs 10oz. But seems really thin. I don't lakes to them and they won't even flute a number 2 so the light number 1 is definitely a no go.

Yes seems the sales guy mis spoke. I just got off the phone with them a 22" blank is 2lbs 12 oz the shilan light is 2lbs 10oz. But seems really thin. I don't lakes to them and they won't even flute a number 2 so the light number 1 is definitely a no go.

My Pac-Nor is .550" at the muzzle and Twisted barrel was still able to take 7 ounces out of it. I was a little concerned it might not work, but today I ran six groups starting at magazine length and did -.010", -.020. etc to -.050". Magazine length was 1" for three shots at 100 yards. -.020" was 11/16" and -.040" was 3/4" so I am encouraged. Tomorrow I will go up a grain at a time firing three shots of each starting with the load I used today. I was probably below a starting load since two of the cases came out with a dent right below the shoulder.

This is what I wanted to here. I was looking at outside dia of barrels with .30 cal and seemed like if I went 6.5 I could still have the difference to flute. Do you by chance have twisteds number not on the web site

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.